Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What about Low Dose Naltrexone?
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have been reading good things about Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) being used to treat MS and ALS. Reports are that it is effective in reducing the weakness, numbness, and other symptoms. Could it be useful in treating KD? I can't go to the conference in San Diego, but I hope this topic comes up.
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I asked Ed Meyertholen for his thoughts on this study and below is his reply:

There is little evidence that this has an effect, at least is ALS. Here is a great (balanced) article from the ALS group - http://informahealthcare.com/d...17482968.2010.544386

and a second one: http://www.sciencebasedmedicin...utting-edge-science/

These are two years old, so if the "reports" are from well done clinical studies that have come out in the past two years, then the article is out of date. My guess is that this is not the case and they are anecdotal..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce,
Thanks very much. The reports I read were anecdotal, but sounded encouraging.
Low measurement naltrexone appears, from the beginning look, such as a bizarre pill for individuals with perpetual weariness syndrome or fibromyalgia. Usually utilized within high dosages to battle liquor addiction and opiates withdrawal, naltrexone obstructs the opioid/endorphin receptors in the cerebrum. LDN has the preference of being modest, effortlessly processed in exacerbating drug stores and safe.