Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Medications and Therapies    Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator(SARM)?

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator(SARM)?
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Does anyone know anything about a group of drugs called "Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator" (SARM)? I was just searching randomly on the internet for information about KD and ran across several articles on body building websites referring to these drugs or supplements. Would these be of any benefit to those of us with KD? I would ask my doctor, but my neurologist has moved and I can't get in to see a new one until November. Thanks.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi CD,

SARMs are molecules that activate the androgen receptor, but do so selectively. The general concept is that the are designed to only turn on the AR only in some cells thus minimizing side effects. At this time, I know of no published study regarding SARMs and KD although I think I read that one is investigating their possible use in KD.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Thanks. I hope the NIH or someone will take a look at SARM's to see if they could be of help.