Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Medications and Therapies    New Clinical Trial Begins This Month

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Clinical Trial Begins This Month
 Login/Join

Picture of Bruce
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted the following on their ‘Clinical Trials’ website.

Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of BVS857 in Patients With Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy

It appears this is a two part placebo-controlled study to determine dosage and potential safety issues as well as the any change in thigh muscle volume. The trial is to begin this month.

I will post more information as it becomes available.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hello Bruce,

is it can be used in Kennedys in future?

if so, it will be the best news to us

maggie

unlucky, I am the member who had this disease
Picture of Bruce
Maggie, yes, we are all hoping this will be an effective treatment. It might take a couple of years to complete the trial, however.
thank you Bruce

wish you can be happy anyway!

wish more and more good news

unlucky, I am the member who had this disease