Kennedys Disease Community
Looking for some suggestions and support

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8161008121/m/8357066726

01-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Brea
Looking for some suggestions and support
My father has Kennedys Disease and is in his 60's. I am looking for support/conversation with someone who preferably lives in the Pennsylvania area or close by but support from anyone at this point would be wonderful!
Currently, he is sick with a terrible upper respiratory infection with a bad cough. Due to the affects of KD concerning his throat and swallowing, it is difficult for him to extract mucus and he is having difficulty with breathing. Does anyone have any suggestions?
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Bruce
Mucenex DM works well for me. Your father's doctor should be able to prescribe something to help break this up.

Breathing exercises (into the diaphragm and out using the diaphragm muscles) help. Using the "SNIFF" and "COUGH" exercise also helps. He shouldn't begin these until he is healthy however.
01-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Lolo
We belong to CIGNA which sells the "Major Brand" drugs. They have a generic mucinex for about $3 for a bottle. There are a couple different kinds of their "mucinex". My husband gets good relief as it loosens the fleme of a cold (which he has right now!)

God is the greatest physician of all.