Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOTOX
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I was recently given Botox injections in the salivary glands by a ENT MD. I was told it would reduce saliva so I could swallow food easier.

Please be aware that the injections absolutely cut off my ability to swallow. Prior to the injections I was able to swallow most all foods and drink.

If you have KD never consider Botox even for cosmetic use.
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hugh, thank you for sharing your story. I hope others will not have to experience what you went through.

Good luck and keep practicing your throat exercises.
Thanks Bruce - I am doing my swallow exercises.

this morning I found my speech to be more understandable. It's been 5 weeks today.

Thanks again for your help.

Hugh
Hugh, according to www.webmd.com, when Botox is used for cosmetic purposes, the effects last from four to six months.

quote:
How Long Does a Botox Injection Last?The effects from Botox will last four to six months. As muscle action gradually returns, the lines and wrinkles begin to reappear and need to be treated again.

Not sure if that applies to salivary glands also, but there is at least some chance the effects will wear off. Good luck and let us know how you are feeling.