Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Is there a place to donate your body for KD research after death?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a place to donate your body for KD research after death?
 Login/Join

Picture of ToddAllen
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Lolo, very sorry to hear Bob has had another fall, I hope the surgery went well and his recovery is quick. Research papers claim men with KD tend to lose about 2% of muscle mass per year. But I've been tracking it in myself and it isn't a flat line. I can gain a little muscle when everything is going well but lose it quickly during sickness and injuries. I'm wishing Bob strength and rapid healing.
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Lolo, I am sorry to hear of Bob's fall. I fell several years ago and broke my tibia and fibula. It took three months of hard work to come back from that, but I learned my lesson and used a wheelchair from then on when I was walking around.

The link in Todd Allen's post above is the correct one. In the past, the collection of tissue is a very small amount as outlined in the guide. Other organs might be of interest to other donor organnizations, however.

I hope this helps.