Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Right Side Sagging
 Login/Join

Picture of Pocatello Jim
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
After showering today, while standing in front of the mirror, I noticed that my right nipple was lower than my left...looking closer I noticed that my right shoulder also hanging lower than my left shoulder. I immediately called my wife and asked if she noticed anything different about me? To which she responded, No. When I pointed out my nipples an shoulders, she said they had been that way for months and she thought I knew.

I have noticed during my workouts that my left side seems stronger than my right, but today was the first time I have noticed visible evidence.

Pocatello Jim
Picture of Lolo
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Doubt it is much to worry about as us ladies are lopsided all the time. Many woman have mis-matched breasts. With weakening muscles, one side is going to be lower than the other.

I was born with Erbs Palsy and Klumpkes so I've slowly developed the same thing as I age, my left side is higher than my right because the muscles are so tight.
Picture of Bruce
Jim, my face is doing the same thing (one side is sagging more than the other).
Hi Jim Bruce an Lolo.
I too am a little lop sided. My neck is almost skeletal and my left side is down compared to my right. I have also developed a massive click in the back of my neck. It clicks several times a day and sounds like a twig snapping. It also makes me jump when it happens. There is no pain though. My left hand is very wasted and has severe tremor compared to my right hand.
A new development is swollen feet which is worsened if I sit around for too long. I stand up every hour now thanks to Bruce's previous advice, and it does help keep the swelling down.

Eric.
Picture of Pocatello Jim
Thank you all for your comments. I see my doctor again in December and will talk with about it, but I don't think it is of any great concern. After reading your comments and some thought, I think there are several explanations. 1) This is normal, though perhaps more pronounced for people with NMDs. 2) It affects my right side for two possible reasons a) I am left-handed/left-side dominant and/or b) I have used a cane for years and hold it in my right hand, which has caused the muscles on my right side to become dependent on this assistive device.

Anyway, it is what it is. I am otherwise healthy and happy.

I became a first-time Grandpa this week when my daughter and son-in-law welcomed a healthy 6lb 10oz baby girl to their family.

Pocatello Jim
Picture of Bruce
Jim, congratulations Grandpa. Your are going to love your new role.