Kennedys Disease Community
Any reason not to take Requip?

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6451008121/m/5277039876

10-19-2015, 10:39 AM
C.D.Harris
Any reason not to take Requip?
My pulmonogist had me take a sleep test as he thought I might have Sleep Apnea and my breathing has become very labored. It turns out I do not have Sleep Apnea, but I do have restless leg syndrome (RLS). My legs twitch a lot while I sleep. I suspect this is related to Kennedy's Disease and the muscle cramps I used to get in my legs while sleeping. The pulmonogist has prescribed Requip (ROPINIROLE HCL) for the RLS, Requip is a drug for Cerebal Palsy. My pulmonogist knows very little about KD and I am not sure I should be taking this drug. I can't get back in to ask my neurologist for months. Has anyone else with KD taken Requip? Are there other, better drugs I could take for RLS? Is RLS something I need to worry about? I didn't know I had it until the sleep test and I am not sure it is even bothering me. Thanks.
10-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Bruce
I have it, but do not take anything for it. For me, it has been around for over 50 years. I live with it because I hate taking medications unless it is absolutely necessary. But, that's just me.
10-19-2015, 04:42 PM
C.D.Harris
I feel the same way about taking medication. I suspect the RLS is a symptom of my KD and I doubt that the Requip will help, and it may have side effects I do not want to deal with. I think I will pass on the Requip. Thanks.