Kennedys Disease Community
The new KDA WEBSITE is up and running

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8581031121/m/1187099276

10-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Bruce
The new KDA WEBSITE is up and running
After several months of planning and production, KennedysDisease.Org was launched a couple of hours ago. If you joined the KDA, you should have received an announcement email with your temporary Log In and Password to access the entire website.

If you haven't joined the KDA Family yet, I would you encourage you to do so today. Just follow the link above and click on JOIN the KDA in the left side Main Menu.

Should anyone experience any problems or issues, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can help.
10-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Lolo
Bruce, I didn't get an email, should I re-register?
10-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Bruce
Lolo, yes, you might need to register again. Sorry for the confusion.
10-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Bruce
It is time to go to Plan B

When we tested the system, everything went well. Unfortunately, we didn't stress test the new website with multiple people trying to log on at the same time using the same password. We apologize for the confusion this has caused.

It is time for PLAN B. Forget about the temporary username and password we sent you. Instead, when you visit the website, click on the Log In under the Main Menu. Under the Log In form are three questions:

- Forgot your password?
- Forgot your user name?
- Don't have an account?

Click on "Don't have an account?" and Register using your personal log in name and password. The system will send you a confirmation email that looks like this:

"Thank you for registering at New KDA Joomla Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it. To activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:"

Once you have activated the account, you can Log In.

Once again, we apologize for the confusion.
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Lolo
Bruce, New instructions worked just fine! Is this site going to be closed soon? We will no longer be using this? THX
10-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Bruce
No, www.kennedysdisease.org is just updated from version 1.5 to 3.6. We also added the latest technology, enhanced functionally and improved security.

We changed the hosting company. Some of you might have noticed that we were down quite often recently and the page loads were substantially slower at times.

Being an all volunteer, non-profit, the KDA did all the development work (hundreds of hours) internally. That just probably meant that it took twice as long to develop it. :-)

One of the big improvements is the use of NetMeeting for guests on our chat room. For those who saw Doctors Lieberman and Montie this fall know how effective an AnyMeeting online video is over a standard chat.

I hope this answers your question.