Kennedys Disease Community
Relationship between Cumulative Trauma Disorders and KD?

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8581031121/m/3851016782

06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Pocatello Jim
Relationship between Cumulative Trauma Disorders and KD?
Has anyone in their personal experience and/or through their doctor(s) identified a relationship between Kennedy's Disease and Cumulative Trauma disorder's such as Carpal Tunnel or Tennis elbow? I ask because the first neurologist I went to did an EMG noted evidence of Carpal Tunnel and tennis elbow. My personal belief is that there may be a relationship as CTD's are caused by repetive use of (in my case) the wrist and elbow outside of a neutral position and I find that when I type, my arms get tired quickly and rest my elbows on the chair and my wrists on the desk...both classic percursors to Carpal Tunnel and Tennis elbow. Anyone else have similiar experiences?

Pocatello Jim
06-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Bob Heitzman
I've had problems with tennis elbow. When sleeping I was folding my arms and impinging on the ulnar nerve. I wear a tennis elbow brace on one arm and elbow pad on the other while sleeping to keep me from folding my arms. I also take B complex vitamin supplement at the suggestion of my PT. I alternate the extra B with a full range daily vitamin supplement.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail