Kennedys Disease Community
NIH Announces New Clinical Trial

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8581031121/m/3927006766

03-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Bruce
NIH Announces New Clinical Trial
On Saturday morning, Dr. Kenneth Fischbeck from the National Institutes of Health was the guest for the KDA chat room. Dr. Fischbeck is a leading researcher, professor and educator on the subject of Kennedy's Disease. The chat focused on two current NIH research projects for finding a treatment for Kennedy’s Disease. Below are some excerpts from the chat. The entire chat can be found on the KDA website. NIH Clinical Trial Chat

03-24-2014, 05:26 PM
C.D.Harris
Has anyone been able to sign up for this study? I called the Novartis number on the ClinicalTrials.gov website describing the trial the day it was announced and gave them my information and I called and emailed Angela Kokkinis as per Dr. Fishbeck's instructions and left messages more than 2 weeks ago. However, so far I have not heard back from anyone. I am very interested in this trial and would like to participate.
03-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Bruce
Since the real trial (Part B) doesn't start until January of next year, showing your interest is probably the only thing you can do right now. Angela could be on vacation, or involved in another project, or ?. If you don't hear back from anyone in a month or so from initial contact, let us know.