Kennedys Disease Community
Bariatric Surgery on KD pacients

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8581031121/m/5867011107

11-07-2023, 07:31 AM
Vanko
Bariatric Surgery on KD pacients
Are there any known studies about bariatric surgery on KD pacients?<BR>I'm a 44 years old male carrier, weighting 111 Kg and this massive load is affecting my dialy chores. Nutritional follow-up without P.E. are not helping and my last known ressource is a bariatric by-pass.Are there any known studies about bariatric surgery on KD pacients?YesNo
11-07-2023, 08:15 PM
ToddAllen
I did a quick search but didn't find anything on KD patients having bariatric surgery. Here is a little info on general surgical concerns with KD: https://kennedysdisease.org/li...concerns-anesthetics

What diets have you tried? I got heavier following a high carb low fat vegetarian diet seeking health. I did not gain a lot of weight because I was losing muscle but I was probably about 40% body fat at my worst. I was prediabetic with a lot of symptoms of type 2 and saw rapid improvement when I cut out processed foods with refined sugars and starches. I transitioned to a keto diet which I've been following ever since about 8 years now.
11-14-2023, 02:21 PM
Bob Heitzman
I concur with Todd on Keto diet. There is a spectrum on the amount of carbs per day: Low Carb <100, what I call Very Low carb <50, Keto <20, to carnivore. I suggest folks start at Low Carb while learning "what is a carb" and can I live without carbs. If you can't stick with Low Carb for a few weeks you may have to deal with some food addiction issues first. Dr. Cywes the #CarbAddictionDoc on YouTube is a good starting point for addiction and low carb diets.

@dietdoctor on YT has some meals plans/recipes - most under subscription.

Keto/Carnivore is currently being suppressed on YT so you will see a lot of negative videos. See Dr. Eric Westman - Adapt Your Life @AdaptYourLife for debunking the negative disinformation.

Keto – Carnivore YouTube sources:

Practicing Clinicians or Research Scientists
Dr. Eric Westman - Adapt Your Life @AdaptYourLife
Dr. Cywes the #CarbAddictionDoc
Dr. Sten Ekberg @drekberg
Amy Berger - Keto Without the Crazy@amyberger-ketowithoutthecrazy
KenDBerryMD @KenDBerryMD
Dr. Boz [Annette Bosworth, MD] @DoctorBoz
Jason Fung @drjasonfung

Collections:
Metabolic Health Summit @MetabolicHealthSummit
Levels @LevelsHealth
Diet Doctor @dietdoctor

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
11-14-2023, 03:05 PM
ToddAllen
Excellent post Bob, I hope you have been doing well. I have had a lot of ups and downs but my over all trend is good.