Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Research  Hop To Forums  Discussion of Papers    Correlation of insulin resistance and motor function in SBMA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correlation of insulin resistance and motor function in SBMA
 Login/Join

Picture of ToddAllen
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Correlation of insulin resistance and motor function in SBMA

This paper provides support for the hypothesis I've been developing that insulin resistance accelerates SBMA progression which worsens insulin resistance.

I believe my fast decline was exacerbated by developing severe metabolic syndrome trying to follow supposedly healthy practices of eating a very low fat high carbohydrate diet and a lot of long duration moderate intensity exercise. I've had a dramatic improvement of health and a reversal of SBMA progression adopting practices to reverse metabolic syndrome such as a high fat low carbohydrate ketogenic diet attempting to select and prepare foods to maximize health, switching to brief high intensity exercise, engaging in therapeutic thermal stress via bathing and steps to improve sleep and reduce chronic stress.

My forum thread of my SBMA reversal journey