Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muscle relaxers
 Login/Join

Picture of Pocatello Jim
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Does anyone else take muscles relaxers and do they help? I started taking baclofen 10mg back in March. I started taking two at bedtime to help with cramps and stiffness (I cramp in my legs, neck, shoulders, and upper arms when I sleep). Two helped for about a month, then I started to notice cramping in the afternoon. So my neurologist upped my dose to three a day. One around noon and two at bedtime. That helped until about a week ago. Now the nighttime cramps are back and I am waking up with backpain in the mornings also.

I hate taking medicine! But I also hate not being able to sleep at night or control my tremors and twitching. Does anyone else take muscle relaxers? If so, what doses? Any other advice?

Thanks

Pocatello Jim
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Jim, no I do not take muscle relaxers. When I have problems, I usually take one or two ibuprofen and that seems to do the trick for me.

How is life in Pocatello?
I had the experience, and I think others have posted messages to the same, that the cramping was a passing symptom. When I went through it I took some magnesium. Eventually it stopped on its own. I still have some neck cramps on occasion but it doesn't last long.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
Jim,

I have been on Baclofen (10mg) 3 times a day for the last 8 months and it has helped my cramping and to a lesser degree the muscle ripling in my forearms and legs. I still get a cramp if I get a particular muscle in a tight use like making a tight bycep. I am used to walking up 3 flights of stairs at work a day (keep making myself walk those stairs) and I would cramp on those, but the Baclofen seems to have helped with that as well. Hope this helps.

Mike
Picture of Pocatello Jim
Thank you all for your comments. The baclofen helps my cramping, tremors, ripling also.

But I went from 1 to 3 in four months and recently 3 has had a lessing effect. I hate taking meds and determined not to increase the dosage again.

Instead, I lowered the dosage since my last email down to two and this week started taking 1 1/2. I wake up a little stiff and the tremors and ripples during the day are stronger, but I still don't have the nighttime cramps. So, I am going to stay on the 1 1/2.

Thank you all again for your comments and advice.

Pocatello Jim
I take Tizanidine in the evenings because I was having muscle cramps a night. Definitely helps you get to sleep too. Too drowsy for using during the day.
How to recover from muscle cramps? It is very painful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce,

Louis Toth