Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Exercise Discussion    Whole Body Vibration (any update??)

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whole Body Vibration (any update??)
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hello,

Iknow there's already another discussion about this, but i just wanted to make it more visible.

I recently read that this machines could help in neuromuscular pathologies. I am considering investing in it for dad. Would like to know if you have any further info about this issue

Many thanks
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Maria.
I would seek advice from my Neurologist before trying any kind of vibro machinery. I personally would'nt use one without that advice. Gym instructors or the companies that make the machines know nothing about KD or what effect the machines may have on someone with KD. It's a good topic to raise though, and I wish you the best of luck with your research. Eric
Hi Maria,

I've purchased this vibration machine.
http://www.fitnessdepot.ca/H11...00.html#.V4QGRVeCb8s

I started using it in Feb. 2016. It's now July 2016. I took a pic of my left calf in Feb (the muscle was pretty much non-existent). Then I took a pic in June. It definitely seems to have grown (I’m attaching a side by side pic). My legs definitely feel a little stronger. I’m able to do a half squat on the machine without needing support the first few reps.
This technology was supposed to have been invented to prevent astronauts from atrophying on long space missions, so I gave it a shot. This machine has short bursts of vibration (30-120seconds in 15 second intervals), so I don't think it would over work your muscles.
When I first started, I used to place a bar stool right behind it in case my legs gave out. Haven’t felt the need to have the stool there for a while now.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m no where close to being how I was, but I think it’s helping.

Calf comparison
I realized that the website provided by Cecilio is a Canadian company and the link doesn't work in the U.S. A U.S. link that works for the product is http://www.magtonic.com/

I have a Slendertone muscle toning machine http://www.slendertone.com/en-...muscle-recovery.html and I like it. But it is more of an electronic stimulation machine and not a vibration machine.

As Eric said above, it is essential to consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan B,