Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    the oil company transfer me more hard position even I say my KD condition

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the oil company transfer me more hard position even I say my KD condition
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
my Dr told my company do not change my position , but they still change , more tough job, how can i do?
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
That's a bad thing, Leon. What to do about it kind of depends where you are. In Canada, you might be able to talk to your union or government Health & Safety or Workers Compensation, after discussing it with your companies human resources. In a harder postion with your company, you are more likely to be injured, which benefits neither you nor the company. Is it possible to have a talk with your Human Resource department, and make sure they understand your condition? In Canada, companies have a legal obligation to try to accommodate disabilities.
thank you, Cam I already talk to HR in my company, they do not know too much about this disease, I made them talk with my Dr, however the HR say the two position have the same physical requirement, actually the new job require more walking that I can not handle,
no choice, suffuring from pain, no body understand, they even think you lie and lazy
Picture of Bruce
Leon, Cam has given some good advice. What is your supervisor's take on this?

Now that you and your doctor have discussed the issue with HR, you need to document your concerns.

I would follow up with ...
  • Ask your doctor to write a letter to HR explaining your current physical capabilities.
  • In the letter, have him briefly explain KD ... no treatment or cure, progressive disease, fatigue issues after using the muscles for a brief period of time, etc.
  • In the closing, the doctor should express his/her concern that a serious injury could result from this new physical activity.
  • Copy the information on the KDA website concerning "What is KD" and give a copy to your HR manager. Personally review the symptoms and your current symptoms. Document the date you performed this review.

The key is that you want your doctor's concerns expressed in writing in case something happens. Most HR managers will see the letter as a 'red flag' and not want to do anything that could result in a law suit.
    thank you, Bruce, I am going to do it as you saying
    I SENT EMAIL TO MY DR TO ASK FOR THE INFO AS YOUR SAYING AND HR call me again today, I say I already pack my PPE in old job finish the last shift yesterday, and go to my new job in the next week. the HR ask me the two position have the same physical requirement why you think there have extra work, i say normally the new plant need your trace all the new sys and all the new operation, I will go and try my best
    later, HR call me to see a Plant DR tomorrow, I do not know what happen the next, i only know to tell the truth before the God
    Let's hope they figure it out and leave you where you are.
    busy two days, the day before yesterday, I go to see health advisor and plant Dr, they ask me ill history and do a medical check, after that, they told me I can not work as plant operator, i am tearing, sign accomondation report say No ladder, no field, no scuba emergency ,
    I agree that, and i am on temperary disability plan, they say the company will keep me give me a office job and keep my salary high as right now,
    after that, the health advisor told me call your base plant leader(because i was transfer to baseplant) to see what he going to arrange you, and call your leader before you work( i working there before transfer) and call HR

on the next day,I began to call them , leader say you stay home I put you on ill on your schedule , the second day I call them, they say he havent receive result form HR you stay home; and i call HR, leave message, no call back

I do not know what happen the next , just waiting
    Picture of Bruce
    Leon, thanks for keeping us informed. I hope it all works out for you.
    It's hard to be patient while the company bureaucracy churns, but hang in there, Leon.
    thank you guys information, kenedy association is big help to me,here make you not feel alone and depression, i am still waiting for the new arrangement in the oil company, call them every day, saterday and sunday they say HR and chief not working, i donot need to call, next monday they will call me.
    so upset, have KD, no smoke no drink even no sex
    no kid, plus no job in the future,
    meanwhile you have to deal with no understand coworkers and family members
    i hope to dead in a war or accident or some medical misoperation
    last week, they say give a office job, i say i am intrest, right now no result, waiting make people frastrated, especially for a KD patient
    look like no way to make people understand you,
    i need to see a conceller
    my company try to put me into trainning office and try 3 months then they try to find a long term job for me right now, i am waiting and full pay