Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Novartis Trial?
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Does anyone know how the Novartis clinical trial (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02024932?view=record) is going? I have tried several times to volunteer and have asked for information with no reply. As I recall, it was to be a 2 part test and part one should be complete by now.

Thanks
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Well, we are all anxiously awaiting news. It is difficult to have patience when you have a progressive disorder.

We have reached out to NIH for an update, but here is what we know. The trial is still in Phase A testing dosage, safety, etc. Should the results of testing with the current patients be positive, then they will move on to Phase B where there will be more patients involved. I wouldn't count on any dates, but I am hoping Phase B will start this spring or early summer.
Thanks very much. I will happily volunteer for Phase B.
Picture of ToddAllen
And I believe phase B was supposed to be finishing about now. It would be good to get an update and at least find out if Dr. Fischbeck is still 'optimistic'?
Picture of Bruce
Dr. Fischbeck was kind enough to respond to my inquiry. I realize it isn't anything definitive, but it means the results will be published soon.

quote:
Thanks for the message, Bruce. The active phase of the BVS857 trial has ended, and the results are being analyzed. We currently plan to present the findings at the KDA meeting in the fall, and will likely be able to get some word out earlier, hopefully in the next month or two.

It’s OK to let the others know.

Kurt