Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    H1N1 Virus (Immunization)

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H1N1 Virus (Immunization)
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Any Concerns about people with KD getting immunized? Our concern relates back to 1976 immunizations when a few people got Guillian Barr Syndrome...has anyone talked to their doctor about this...
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
quote:
Guillian Barr Syndrome

I am not familiar with this disorder. I just read about it on the web, but don't understand its relevance to Kennedy's Disease. Can you enlighten us please? Thanks
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Some people who received the 1976 immunization for something similar to Swine flu had a side effect called Guillian Barr...another one of the 8000 muscular diseases. It has been in the press that their is some concern about H1N1 causing Guillian Bar...because it is muscular had a thought about KD patients and off spring getting Guillian Barr although it is entirely different than KD