Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Any opionions on Baclofen

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any opionions on Baclofen
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Last week my new physiologist changed me from Soma to Baclofen to help control the cramps, spasms and fisiculations.
The concern is that Soma converts to a barbiturate and can be addictive. I expressed that I am on the Soma due to the horror stories I have heard about the other.
Since I have switched, my tremors have increased, last night was the first time I slept since starting the baclafen. Prior to that I had two, hour and half naps in the last 78 hours. my mind stops working in the middle of processing and I cannot seem to follow out simple procedural steps.
Yes, the Soma made me a little sleepy during the day and offered up a nice quality nap during the afternoon. Which is a lot better side effect than running around stupid and exhausted from lack of sleep.
Is any one else on either drug or is there an alternative med that might be more tolerable?