Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Possible Diabetis - Info Needed

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible Diabetis - Info Needed
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Just came back from Mr. Md a few days ago and have found that my sugar levels are fairly elevated.

I've been warned that I may be in the early stages of diabetis. Needless to say, this has scared the beejezzus out of me...

Anyone out there who can provide me with some good guidance and advice?

TIA
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Sorry to hear about the diabetes. My brother had KD and also ended up with diabetes. I know several other associates that have diabetes. Fortunately, in many cases they can control it today with the pill and a good diet. My brother-in-law takes the pill and watches his carbs (et al) and has really kept any potential problems in check. What helped him initially attending a seminar on proper eating habits. He felt it made a world of difference knowing what and why.

Good Luck!
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Bruce:

Thanks for the encouraging words...

I guess the first thing I should do is learn how to spell DIABETES!!!