Kennedys Disease Community
Blessings or What KD cannot take away

This topic can be found at:
https://kennedysdisease.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8581031121/m/9077061316

11-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Pocatello Jim
Blessings or What KD cannot take away
Yesterday my step-daughter was married. Last night at the reception I enjoyed the company of my wife, in-laws, friends, family. I watched my children (8 in all, ranging in age from 21 - 7) laugh, joke, tease, sing, dance.

My day started yesterday at 5:00 a.m., the high in Southern Idaho/Northern Utah was in the 20's. We all know what fatigue and cold weather do to our KD symptoms. By 9:30 last night, I was completely spent. At bedtime, I took 4 muscle relaxers, 2 prescription painkillers, and still had to take 2 tablets of sleep aid to be able to sleep through the twitching and cramping.

I woke this morning, reflecting on yesterday and realized that KD/SBMA has taken nothing from me! Am I fatigued? Am I weak? Of course, but I am blessed equal to any man or woman. I am still able to experience all the joys of life and home and family.

I give thanks to God, whatever form he takes for each of us, for my life, for my family, and for the incredible blessings I have recieved.

May each of you find the joys and blessings that KD cannot take away.

Pocatello Jim
11-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Bruce
Jim, well said. Yes, I believe most of us have much to be thankful for. I tried to capture my thoughts on this subject in my blog today: Happy Thanksgiving

I loved your last line ... it is perfect:
"May each of you find the joys and blessings that KD cannot take away."

You should be writing some articles for my blog.
11-28-2011, 06:19 PM
dorsey
Jim,

Great to hear from you and sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Congratulations on your daughter getting married.