Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Blessings or What KD cannot take away

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blessings or What KD cannot take away
 Login/Join

Picture of Pocatello Jim
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Yesterday my step-daughter was married. Last night at the reception I enjoyed the company of my wife, in-laws, friends, family. I watched my children (8 in all, ranging in age from 21 - 7) laugh, joke, tease, sing, dance.

My day started yesterday at 5:00 a.m., the high in Southern Idaho/Northern Utah was in the 20's. We all know what fatigue and cold weather do to our KD symptoms. By 9:30 last night, I was completely spent. At bedtime, I took 4 muscle relaxers, 2 prescription painkillers, and still had to take 2 tablets of sleep aid to be able to sleep through the twitching and cramping.

I woke this morning, reflecting on yesterday and realized that KD/SBMA has taken nothing from me! Am I fatigued? Am I weak? Of course, but I am blessed equal to any man or woman. I am still able to experience all the joys of life and home and family.

I give thanks to God, whatever form he takes for each of us, for my life, for my family, and for the incredible blessings I have recieved.

May each of you find the joys and blessings that KD cannot take away.

Pocatello Jim
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Jim, well said. Yes, I believe most of us have much to be thankful for. I tried to capture my thoughts on this subject in my blog today: Happy Thanksgiving

I loved your last line ... it is perfect:
"May each of you find the joys and blessings that KD cannot take away."

You should be writing some articles for my blog.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Jim,

Great to hear from you and sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Congratulations on your daughter getting married.