Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotshot
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
There is a product on the market called Hotshot that is advertised as 'scientifically proven to prevent and treat muscle cramps'. I'm tempted to try it but wondered if anyone else has any experience with it? I had a scary severe cramping episode lately in both of my lower legs that was so bad that I pulled a muscle in my shoulder writhing around in horrible pain! Thanks for any information you can provide.
Picture of Lolo
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
This is Bob, I have KD, and went through that 11 years ago. Suggest you ask for a script of tiazadine 2mg, then 4mg, if you have success! it relieved agonizing cramps in less then three minutes! But you do get severe cotton mouth. Gabapenten 300mg, is a less drastic pill, with less cotten mouth! Good Luck

God is the greatest physician of all.
Picture of Lolo
Pay attention to body fatigue, when your legs hurt from walking, stop and rest. when legs start to cramp, try to focus on relaxation techniques to ease yourself through the pain! I can usually get myself through NY 3 or four episodes a day without drugs, if I haven't walked to much... 200 to 500 yards of walking, daily. In a store, pushing a shopping cart. If I fall, I hold on to the cart and I usually don't hit the ground.

God is the greatest physician of all.
The name of the anti-cramping medication is tizanidine. Since it is a prescription med, you will need to talk to your doctor about whether you should use it.

I have found that foods high in sodium make my cramps MUCH worse. Keep in mind that most packaged, prepared foods, such as canned soups and frozen dinners, are very high in sodium.

When I do get a cramping spell, I find that foods high in potassium help to relieve it. Many fruits are high in potassium, such as bananas and orange juice. I'm not sure why this works but it does for me. Takes about 20 minutes after eating the fruit or drinking the fruit juice, then the intensity of cramps is much reduced.