Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GRNOPC1 in Geron Corp
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
the first stem cell use for ALS in USA, why grnopc1 can not use for KD
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Phase I Trial of GRNOPC1
A new chapter in medical therapeutics — one that reaches beyond pills to a new level of healing: the restoration of organ function achieved by the injection of healthy, functional replacement cells manufactured from human embryonic stem cells.
I call them but no answer
Other Potential Neurological Indications for GRNOPC1
In addition to spinal cord injury, GRNOPC1 may have therapeutic utility for other central nervous system indications. Geron has established a number of collaborations with academic groups to test GRNOPC1 in selected animal models of human disease for which there is a strong rationale for the approach.

Alzheimer's Disease: Alzheimer's disease is a progressive, fatal, degenerative disorder that attacks the neurons in the brain, resulting in loss of memory, cognitive function such as reasoning and language, and behavioral changes. According to the Alzheimer's Association an estimated five million people in the United States have Alzheimer's disease. GRNOPC1 is being evaluated in animal models of Alzheimer's disease in collaboration with Professor Frank M. LaFerla, Director of the Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders (UCI MIND) at the University of California, Irvine.

Multiple Sclerosis (MS): MS is an autoimmune disease that causes demyelination of nerve axons in the brain and spinal cord often progressing to physical and cognitive disability. There is currently no known cure for the disease. According to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society there are about 400,000 people in the United States with MS. GRNOPC1 is being tested in a non-human primate model of MS in collaboration with Professor Jeffery D. Kocsis of the Departments of Neurology and Neurobiology at Yale University School of Medicine and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Canavan Disease: Canavan disease is a fatal neurological disorder that belongs to a group of genetic disorders called leukodystrophies
looks like, all disorder disease such as Alzheimer, huntington, ALS, pakinson, have the stem cell research ongoing, only not including KD
this stem cell for phase 1 clinic trail got a good result, there have a breakthrough using stem cell treat my disease, the first KD patient from polan was treated in china got a good result, later on 3 patients will be treated in this summer, I will fly to there in the next year, thanks my god, you do give the doctor telegent to treat my disease