Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Medications and Therapies    Possible medications for improving strength?

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible medications for improving strength?
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I was recently diagnosed and I am a 33-year-old male. I was wondering if anyone has tried growth hormones to compensate for muscle loss?
Picture of KDA Adminstrator
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hello Bob, Yes, we know of a doctor who had KD himself and was using growth hormones to see if it made a difference. In the end he found that it was very exspensive even for him and no real gain from it.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Update:

I have now been taking injectable HGH (pill form doesn't work as well) since May. I have found that my over all strengh has doubled.

I just returned from the University of Miami Medical Center where I see Dr. Bradley. I was encouraged to take Growth Hormone by Dr. Verma.

I would have your friend take a second look at HGH. I can tell you from experience that it takes about 3 months for your body to feel the effects.