Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marijuana CBD vs. Opioids
 Login/Join

<Greg Castro>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I’m taking oxycodone 10mg for pain and I would like to stop. I understand it’s a touchy subject. My pain clinic will cut me if this is found in my blood tests. Any advice would help me.
<Greg Castro>
Has anyone tried CBD for tremors/twitches or help with sleep? Very interesting if this could be a useful way to get off pain meds
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Are you sure about the clinic's position? Seems like they should be willing to explore alternatives for you. I can see where they don't want you experimenting on your own while under their care. I haven't tried any CBD or marijuana-related options but I know people who did have some success after trying/failing with several alternatives.

Try a search "mindfulness for pain" for another possible alternative.

AFAIK chronic pain is not often a part fo the SBMA experience. Many experience leg pain for a while, but that phase does pass.

Probably not a good idea to compound your SBMA problems with drug addiction.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
Picture of ToddAllen
I've been taking a very hot bath each night before bed. It knocks me out and I sleep soundly almost instantly after I cool off enough to stop sweating and go to bed. If I have acute pain during the day I sometimes take a very cold bath which is extremely unpleasant for the first couple minutes but gives great pain relief for a few hours.
Not much of a down side, try it and see if it works for you.
I have tried opioids, cbd and thc. The opioids help with pain, but I only take 1/4 to 1/2 half a pill every couple months as I don't have an active prescription and am conserving, which is probably a good thing. I just find its a helpful reset after being in consistent low grade chronic pain for too long.

I have had really good luck with CBD to help sleep - that is the only thing it has helped with (not pain) but its very good at that and I find getting a good nights sleep is one of the few things that actually helps my body.

THC has only helped with pain mildly and can provide a bit of psychic relief to just not think about things and relax, however I pay a price for it the next day; I am very sensitive to thc hangovers. I feel my body doesn't move as well the next day and it makes me incredibly moody, unmotivated and can cause anxiety/depression. Unfortunately for me the benefits don't outweigh the cost. Of course everyone reacts differently and it's not done any permanent harm so I don't regret giving it a go. I have tried taking many different forms (edibles, vape, flower) to see if one works with no luck.

I wonder if you tried cbd oil made from hemp instead of cannabis if the pain clinic would have a problem with that? You can order that online with no problems.

Good luck and I hope you find something that helps manage your symptoms as best as you can.
<Greg Castro>
Thanks Ben, yes the pain management medical group said that CBD is prohibited by the federal government so they will cut me off if it’s found in my blood or urine. If I decide to leave the program I give up my Doctor and Opiod medicine?? It’s one or the other type of situation
Sounds like it might be time to shop around for another doctor. The reasoning/threat sounds more anti-competitor than sound medical or legal advice. Hopefully, you can find a doc willing to move off opioids - at least try to see if it works for you.

It is true that insurance likely will not cover it until FDA approval.

Some CBD is legal (no THC-Hemp derived) but illegal for the THC/CBD version in some states w/Rx. I think the no THC version is not illegal by the feds - could be wrong.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail