Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tai chi
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Has anyone tried tai chi to combat the effects of KD?
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Yes, I practiced Tai Chi for several years and felt it really helped. As my legs weakened, I moved to Qigong and again felt it was very helpful. In fact, I put together a website after studying under Dr. Chung. The site can be found at the following link: Wisdom Qigong. I still practice a modified version today even though I can no longer perform many of the standing postures. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
quote:
tried tai chi

Relaxing and good for meditation and concentration, but not dynamic enough as an exercise. Good when you are older and retired or to calm your over-busy mind but may leave you feeling like you need to go for a work-out after.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce,
Picture of Bruce
Elisa, if you really tried Tai Chi for any length of time, I will guarantee it is a good workout. Most people try it by themselves. It is practiced the best when you are with others. And, yes, it does give your more energy (Qi) and help your balance, joints, muscles, etc.