Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whole Body Vibration (WBV)
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Has anyone tried WBV?

Info:
http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/band144/b144-6.html
http://www.soloflex.com/index.asp?m=toolbar&d=wbv&sd=about&p=1
(see WBV user guide link)

Several papers look favorably on WBV but I was wondering if anyone had direct experience.

Seems there are two approachs: vibration and tilt/vibration (if I read the various references properly). Vibration is simple XYZ movement (small) of the exercise equipment/platform. Another is a specific stand one platform that I gather tilts (and maybe vibrates).

The tilt system looks more restrictive but may work a bit better due to specific design.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Bob

I'm interested to know if you investigated WBV any further and if it helped? My family have been looking at investing in a machine.
I haven't invested in the machine so I don't have any further insight. Doesn't look like it would hurt to give it a try if you have the spare $$$ to spend. Not sure you could tell if it was working if you did start using it. Perhaps if you already have some balance issues you may see some improvement.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
Hello everyone,

I know it's been such a long time since the thread was started but i would really like to know if any of you have further news about this issue.
Yesterday by chance i came across an advertisment about "Galilleo Fitness" in my local gym. It stated it would help in muscular dysthrophyes. I wonder if it it's worth investing in such a thing instead of making dad going to some other therapies