Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Exercise Discussion    Improve the strength and flexibility of your fingers

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Improve the strength and flexibility of your fingers
 Login/Join

Picture of Bruce
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Finger and Hand Exercises

Over the years, whenever the temperatures dipped, my fingers would stop working and my hands became worthless. Gloves and hand warmers helped, but it still was a problem. Beginning last year, I noticed that my finger strength declined even when it was warm. I dropped things more frequently and found it difficult to pick up and hold objects.

Frustrated, I decided to do something about it. On the internet, I found several sites that had finger and wrist exercises. In February, I incorporated a dozen of the exercises into my daily workout routine. By day three, my fingers, hands and wrists were sore, and I decided to back off a little. I now perform these exercises every other day. It has been a month and my fingers are stronger. It is easier to grip things and my hands function better.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
hello Bruce, you are really very special gentleman, you can insist on doing exercise thsese years.

and now I am trying to translate the exercise article to Chinese for help my brother, wish it can be useful, and thank you very much for your good writing on the articles.

by the way, can you walk now? or what is your present situation now?

best wishes

maggie

unlucky, I am the member who had this disease
Picture of Bruce
Maggie, I use a wheelchair for mobility these days. It is much safer. I broke several bones when my legs gave out while walking and decided to error on the side of caution.

A portion of my daily exercise routine is standing up. I have a grab bar that I use to ensure that I'm safe. All the rest of my exercise program is done sitting down.

Maggie it is always good to hear from you. I wish you luck.
Thats really wonderful.