Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sporadic symptoms
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Some days my symptoms are stronger than others. Does anyone else experience this. One day will be ok, the next i'll be dragging my feet.

Has anyone noticed if eatting (or not eatting) certain foods effect the strength of their symptoms?
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Dany, yes I believe everyone with KD has up and down days as well as up and down weeks/months. I call them plateaus where you have been losing strength for a period of time and then all of a sudden you plateau out and feel pretty good for weeks. Those are my "life is good" moments.

You will also have those not so okay days when you have overdone/over-exerted yourself and your body is telling you to rest.

Yes to the eating question also. As I understand it; when you eat, especially a large amount of food, blood is diverted from your muscles to your stomach and intestines for digestion. You will feel weaker during those times, but it is temporary. Additionally, there are certain foods (i.e., turkey) that make you sleepy after eating them.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Dany, My husband has KD, he also has some days where he feels better than others. He does things he needs to or wants to on the better days even though he knows for a few days after he will feel very tired and weak. On the good days, he gets a feeling of accomplishment which would make anyone with or without KD feel good! Just take each day as it comes - do what you can when you can, devise alternative methods to accomplish what you need to get done. Hope this helps!