Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    abuse humen right to KD patient
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

abuse humen right to KD patient
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
why you always sitting
why you so easy tired
you looks like have no mussle
why you always want other people do something for you
why you do not like walk
you are so lazy

all the above from your wife, sister and coworker, even you told them you have sick
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
It does sound abusive, Leon, and it must be very difficult.
Those you love need some education around KD. Ignore the rest.
tough time coming, the company reduce my pay to 60%, no full pay any more,i began to have finance problem, i do not want to bring my company to court( 4000 full time emplyee, 8000 contractor, so big company, they easy to find a office job for me, plus i am well educated full time employee and hard worker, even i am sick , i do more job than others, 20 permits and two posts /a shift), but right now , they push me to the corner, no way to go,
i almost begging them, i say i am still young, even cleaning job i am ok( i hold 3rd class power engineer, bachelor degree of chemical engineering 18 years experience) in this biggest canada oil company , and DR say i am still ok to working for many years on the Dr note. no sleep whole night, KD condition even more worse
Have you been put on a short-term or long-term disability? Stress always makes the symptoms of KD far worse, so take care of yourself while you're under this kind of stress.
i am in short term disability plan , feel stress, worry about the future, only sleep 3-4 hr a day, feel walk more difficult
Picture of Lolo
Leon, I feel sorry about your situation. I think all of us on here have had the same thing happen to them. Getting 60% pay is the norm but if you can still work, are willing to work, they should have to provide you a job. Have you contacted any organizations or looked up ADA laws. I think you need someone to help you who has your best interest in mind, to speak to the human resources of the Co.

It is tough to get through this but you will. Remember, you are not the first with this experience. It needs to stop! Good luck and hope you can get some assistance.

God is the greatest physician of all.
sleep 3-4 hr a day is not enought, leon, take care yourself.
Picture of Dave Y
leon

I too have trouble getting enough sleep, but recently was prescribed Trazodone 50MG to be taken at bedtime. It helps me to get 6 to 7 hours of sleep on a regular basis. My neurologist prescribed it and my and primary care physican agreed that is was safe and effective as a sleep aid. You might want to ask your doctor about it. Getting better sleep has been a great benefit for me.

Dave
thanks for all youguys help,finally the company call me to work, a temperory job
200 computer and check them for a project in a conference room.
Glad to hear things are finally starting to break your way. Stress makes all of the KD symptoms way worse.
Haven't heard from you in a while, Leon. How are things going?
just coming back and take my vacation from work, in july, the company call me back and give me a temperary position working as computer room mornitor for training - coordinator, so i need go to work early and go home late, walking around and clean the bottles on tables, no vacation busy straight 3 months, i try my best, and finally got a very conments from my new boss, i almost do everything which they told me
however, on dec21, the last day, the HR have meeting with me, ask me during the last 3 months if i apply the job on the company post, i say yes but no result, as you guys know it is very difficult for a me ( with disable ) to competation with a normal staff to win a position, i ask her before company give staff(in acomandating) 3 position and make staff select one. why not do this for me . she say no , why do not do it now. you have to apply the job on the company website and finish interview and compete with other staff and win that position if not by the end of april, you will got your 2/3 pay form insurance and stayta home
i say you means i can not be acomandated in this company,the HR say, you are disabled , no canada ademac degree( actually i have trade certificate 3 class power engineer which i got it in canada local college), and can not work as operator which before you do , the comapany can not create a position for you.
i say this company have 5000 emplyee and 6000 contractor,
my kinds of position , the company big like a town, and i am a full time emplyee working here couple years and follow everything you guys told and just looking for a postion does not matter which it is. this make me mad