Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Sleep Apnea and KD? Is there a connection?

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleep Apnea and KD? Is there a connection?
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I was wondering if anyone here has sleep apnea and uses a CPAP or BiPAP? I do, and I'm wondering if the bulbar muscles of the throat are weakened will they create apnea. It seems like a logical connection, but I don't know.
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I am not a doctor, but I have asked the question of my doctor and he does not directly associate sleep apnea with KD. Sleep apnea effects many people throughout the U.S. and most do not have KD. That does not mean that a person with KD can not have sleep apnea. My two brothers and me with KD do not have sleep apnea. My uncle and another brother, both without KD, have it.

Back in 2002 we had a chat on sleep apnea and an expert came on to provide his thoughts on the subject. You can read the chat by clicking on this link Sleep Apnea