Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNA Testing
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
My brother had blood taken and sent for testing last week. His doctor's office said that is would take 4 to 6 weeks to get the results. Is this the normal time frame?
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
The answer really depends on the lab being used. It can take as long as 4-6 weeks. In the two tests that I had (one year apart), it took less then two weeks.

Either way, 4-6 weeks will pass relatively quickly and the results will be conclusive.

Is your brother a member of the KDA? If not, perhaps he would consider joining. He can join by clicking the "Join the KDA" button on the home page. Are you a member? There are benefits for those affected as well as family members.

Take care, Bruce
Thanks for your reply Bruce. My brother is not a member. I am. I have told my parents about this site. I know it will help them. I hope that my brother will realize soon that talking with others will help him. Barb
Picture of Bruce
Barb, often the sharing of personal stories and talking with others who share the same diagnosis is healing. That is one of the reasons the KD was formed and continues to grow. If we can help in any way, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Bruce