Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Symptoms Happening More
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hellooooo Folks! Well pecan harvesting is underway down here in Southern New Mexico(it's NUTS down here...tee-hee, no pun intended!). Harvest and holidays raise my stress levels and my symptoms are starting to appear more frequently. My hand tremors picked up and muscle cramping is firing up and happening from head to toe. Some of cramping is more severe than others. Swallowing certain textured food causes choking...I try to be careful about what I eat and have a glass of water near me to add moisture. I can only take muscle relaxers when I don't have to drive around town. They make me feel like a dinosaur-sized boneless chicken! However, I know things could be worse. My kids and husband don't really know what it's like to have this and I manage it to the best of my ability. Well, I have to go pick up kids at school. I pray you all have peace in your hearts during the holidays.
Lori
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Lori, you sound like a very busy person with a great personality! I guess it really would be Nuts down there. What a huge job it must be to harvest pecans...but mmmmm mmmmm how delicious they can be. Look at all the people you make happy especially during the holiday season. Are you sure you're not one of Santa's elves?

My husband has KD and it is difficult to watch what he is going through, especially when I try to find something to prepare for him to eat, only to find he is unable to eat it. He is still trying different foods to determine what he can tolerate and in the meantime he fills in the gaps with Ensure.

A few of the other KDA members have mentioned using some prescription medications that aid with the swallowing but my husband hasn't made the decision to use them as of yet.

But, he seems determined to make the most of each day...and for that I am truly grateful as I am sure your family is grateful to you for all that you do, even though they may not always show it. Hopefully they will want to learn more about KD and be better able to understand your needs. This web presence has been a wonderful way to learn, make new friends and help others become aware of this disease. Hope you and your family have a wonderful, safe and peaceful holiday.