Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Chinese lookin' at my husband's nuts!

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chinese lookin' at my husband's nuts!
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Please don't make me take this one down...it's funny! I also wanted to update all the good KD folks that pecan harvest was a little slow this season and we are now finally wrapping up the final days of pickin' our nuts here in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Rain and snow caused muddy conditions and brought harvest to a halt for a bit. We were worried that our nuts would mold(everyone hates Farmers moldy nuts!) but we were able to hustle for the last few weeks and get them off the ground. Our nuts really were purchased by China, which drove prices up a bit in the nut industry and provided much needed competition amongst buyers. China is planting pecan trees(they specifically wanted our type of nuts in New Mexico 'cuz they are bigger and meatier) ...in about 15 years they may become our stiffest competition. We will cross that road when we get there. That's it from Las Cruces...no offense and hope it made you smile!