Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sarms
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I have been reading about sarms and how it might help people with kD . My question is, has anyone tried them, do they help and any tips on the use of them. Thank you
Picture of ToddAllen
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
There is an ongoing effort to develop a SARM with beneficial effects for KD. There are many SARMs commercially available several of which are popular with body builders but as far as I know none have been found helpful for KD. It is quite likely that some make KD worse.
Thank you. In my stage of decline I am willing to try anything that might be helpful.
Picture of ToddAllen
Mike, I completely understand the feeling. About 5 years ago I was declining brutally fast and was desperate for anything that might help. Even contemplated castration as there is a lot of evidence that testosterone is an essential part of the disease process.

I call KD aging on steroids. Similar to aging an awful lot of things start going a little bit wrong. The worst symptoms, weakness, fatigue, muscle loss and neuropathies commonly occur at advanced ages without KD. I’m doubtful of finding a silver bullet any time soon. Humanity has been seeking a fountain of youth for a long time without much success.

But we know a lot about aging gracefully. Getting consistent great sleep, managing chronic stress, eating a nutritionally complete diet, getting appropriate exercise and minimizing the burden of toxins all make a difference. I’ve been working at all of these and I’ve had enough successes that I’m no longer pinning my hopes on a cure. I feel lucky to have a disease which can be fairly slow and am beginning to enjoy the challenge of maximizing my health and fitness and feeling as young as I can be despite the KD.
thank you Todd. Being in a nursing home at 65 is trying sometimes. Just pulling for straws to help with the arm strength.
Picture of ToddAllen
Sounds like your circumstances are limiting and many of the things I've found helpful such as exercising in a swimming pool and in a sauna aren't options. Probably the best thing for me was changing my diet and losing a lot of excess fat which got me mobile again even while I was still quite weak. In my case it was cutting out processed foods, especially everything with refined sugars, starches and oils which I found most helpful. Now I mostly eat beef, eggs, and fish and small amounts of salad vegetables. But I'd imagine most nursing homes don't regularly have steak & eggs on the breakfast menu.