Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

acupuncture
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi,
I wonder if anyone has had any experience with acupuncture stimulating the remaining strength in muscles or might it be detrimental?
I also wonder if KD is of any amount in China where more unorthodox muscle exploration movement happens?
Thanks,
Joan
Picture of Bruce
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Joan, good questions. I believe I read where a person with KD tried aucupunture with little positive results, but also no negative side effects.

Yes, KD is not limited to any one or dozen countries. We have associates in China (mainland and Formosa) that have KD. I believe in alternative medicine and things like Tai Chi and Qigong. I have experience with Qigong being very helpful with my KD earlier in my life. I hope this helps.
Joan, over the years I have tried acupuncture on two occasions. Once before I had a firm diagnosis and once since. It didn't seem to have any benefit for me. However it might benefit others. One of the problems with these treatments is that individually, you never know where you would be without them. ie, acupuncture didn't cause an improvement for me, but would my condition have deteriorated quicker without it? You don't know. Without large scale trials you will never know the benefits and there are a. too few of us such trials, and b. more promising treatments to trial with the few of us that are available to test these remedies.
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
I went thru 6 weekly sessions of scalp and leg acupuncture about two years ago. I was punctured with approx. 12 needles in my scalp, and wore the needles at work for 24 hours at a time. They seemed to help with sensory awareness in my body -- feelings were increased a bit throughout.
The acupuncturist also used needles on my legs and feet in his office; these had little effect.
Also, he inspected my walking and made some good suggestions (use my toes, and don't keep the legs so stiff).
Overall, no great improvement, but, like I said, the intensity of bodily sensory feelings did increase somewhat at the time.
Picture of Lolo
Very interesting to hear how you guys didn't feel much benefit. Bob has thought about trying acupuncture.

God is the greatest physician of all.