Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    New version of CRISPER can treat ALS and Huntington's

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New version of CRISPER can treat ALS and Huntington's
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Is anyone funding CRISPER research on Kennedy's?
https://www.singularityarchive...ike-als-huntingtons/
Picture of ToddAllen
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
And the original research paper indicates it works for SBMA too in cell culture. This is really exciting stuff happening much faster than I imagined possible. Thanks for posting!
Picture of ToddAllen
Yes, that's the paper and it's worth repeated reading until the implications start to sink in.

Intervening by attempting to fix DNA has significant challenges and risk. If it doesn't go perfectly one may create an irreversible catastrophe. Targeting RNA lowers the bar. Perfection isn't a requirement. I could see this going from cell culture to animal testing to human trials on a much quicker time scale.