Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conference materials?
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I attended the conference a few weeks ago and thought I heard that the slides and other materials used by the speakers would be posted on the website. If so, I can't find them. Only a couple of the talks/lectures were posted on Facebook and there was a lot of other information I would like to take more time to review. Anyone know if and when the papers, slides and other materials will be posted? Thanks.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hello, what has been posted on the website is a link to Facebook where there are the photos and videos you mention. There has been no other material forwarded to post. Getting materials that are approved to post on a public website from the researchers in the past has been limited and slow. I would just check the website under the What's New area and read our monthly newsletter when it comes out once a month to keep update on information from the conferences as well as KDA related information. Unfortunately, there is no time line to give you.
I'd guess most of us that could not attend would be interested in conference proceedings.

I suggest you address the slides and materials upfront with the presenters. Just warn them you would like a copy at the conference. I'm sure you can come up with a simple release that would allow public posting.

I'd also suggest you record audio at a minimum. Sounds can be synched/merged with the slides later. Maybe check with a local school for volunteers/min-wage to make sure the session is recorded and the files preserved. I've seen similar conferences recorded with a couple of clip-on recording mics on the presenter and another one (or more) for the MC/coordinator. Same folks could be enlisted to edit the slides and audio into a single YouTube video per session. Video would be nice but stills and slides would be fine if the audio is good.

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
We were able to get quite a few of the presenters PowerPoint presentations and just added them to the website. The link below will take you there.
https://www.kennedysdisease.or...ucational-symposiums
Thanks very much!