Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Slowing the progression of Kennedy's Disease

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slowing the progression of Kennedy's Disease
 Login/Join

Picture of Bruce
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Slowing the Progression article

The above link will take you to an article on some recent research by a team led by Dr. La Spada that might slow the progression of Kennedy's Disease. The original article can be found in the MDA's Quest Magazine (link provided in article). While the research is preliminary and only tested with mice, this might prove to be another opportunity for a treatment.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Great news Bruce; I just finished reading the complete study, and it has some of the best explanations of some of KD symptoms within its text. Now, lets hope they can run a successful trial in conjunction with (Muscle & Nerve
Volume 46, Issue 5, pages 692–697, November 2012)
*Cross-sectional and longitudinal analysis of an oxidative stress biomarker for spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy,
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I believe there was a 'tolerability' trial of Arimoclomol for Inclusion Body Myositis which showed benefit after 4mths, which is awaiting a final report