Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Open Topic    Mask wearing Covid question

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mask wearing Covid question
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi
I have a question about masks for Covid,
I have had difficulty breathing when wearing a mask. I sometimes have to cough allot and choke. I don’t know if it’s psychological or real.
My throat actually closed a couple of times and almost passed out
I have to wear at work and I’m vaccinated and I’m also someone that has had a serious bout with Covid in 3/20
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Maybe this Google search: face mask frame

=================
email:rheitzman at gmail
Picture of ToddAllen
Masks can interfere with breathing. Because of my weakness walking is challenging causing heavier breathing similar to what I needed to run many years ago when I was able to run. Last year when we had an outdoor mask mandate here in Chicago wearing a mask while walking was troublesome. I minimized the problem by making a very loose fitting mask out of a single layer of a light open mesh fabric. I'm fairly certain it did absolutely nothing to reduce inhaling or exhaling viruses but it was sufficient to protect me from people enforcing masking and I could walk about as vigorously as without any mask at all.
Covid interferes with breathing permanently. KD'ers are at risk population, which is why I qualified for my third vax shot. If you're healthy enough to work, I'd wear a mask in that environment. Are you sure your breathing difficulties are mask-related?
Hi Cam
Thanks for response I am not sure about anything but I have had difficulty breathing when I’m wearing a mask. Especially when I have to speak. I understand the risks of Covid and have had a serious bout with it.
Thankfully I have recovered, it was the worst sickness I ever experienced.