Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Artificial intelligence
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Just for fun, I queried Chat GPT to write a CRISPR sequence that could treat Kennedy’s Disease. Here’s its response:

Designing a CRISPR sequence for treating spinal bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA), also known as Kennedy's disease, would involve targeting the causative gene, the androgen receptor (AR) gene. SBMA is an X-linked recessive disorder caused by a CAG trinucleotide repeat expansion in the AR gene, leading to abnormal protein aggregation and motor neuron degeneration.

Here is an example CRISPR sequence that could be used for SBMA treatment:

5'-GAACTGAGCGTCTTCCACAGGG-3' (targeting the AR gene)

This sequence targets the region around the CAG repeat expansion in the AR gene, with the goal of cutting the expanded repeat region and inducing DNA repair processes that will remove the expanded repeats from the genome. This could potentially reduce the abnormal protein aggregation and motor neuron degeneration associated with SBMA.

It's worth noting that designing a CRISPR sequence for SBMA treatment is a complex process that requires careful consideration of the potential off-target effects and delivery methods. This sequence is just an example and would need to be thoroughly tested in preclinical and clinical studies before it could be used as a treatment for SBMA.

——

Who knows if this could work, but my point is AI may be able to accelerate research for not only KD but hundreds of other chronic diseases. Exciting stuff!
Picture of ToddAllen
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Want to take the next small step or giant leap? It's getting much cheaper and easier.
https://www.the-odin.com/