Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For A Neck Brace
 Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
During the past year, my neck muscles have continued to weaken to the point where it is very difficult to keep my head up while getting around.

I think that it is time to start looking for some type of device that will assist my neck muscles in keeping my head up. Does anyone here have any suggestions on what to get or do? I've searched thru eBay and other online sites and I've found some devices that support the chin/head but at the same time prevents it from lateral movement. In addition, they make the wearer look like either a Transformer or a mental instituion escapee.

Does anyone here in the KDA community have any suggestions on what to do or where to purchase something that won't scare little kids when I'm wearing it?
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
My therapist at the ALS clinic I go to gave me a collar called The Headmaster. It is strong but also bendable with a velcro strap and is easily adjustable to your personal comfort. It isn't too bad once you get used to it. Here is a link to their web site.

symmetric-designs
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi Darwin:

This collar doesn't look too bad. I'm going to ask my PT the next time I go in to the MDA clinic.

Thanks for the info. I hope this does the trick for me.