Home Login/Join My Space Help Members Forums Search Today's Active Topics New Since Last Visit
Kennedys Disease Association Homepage    Kennedys Disease Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Fundraising Discussion    Raise Funds for KDA Each Time You Use This Search Engine
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Bruce, SusanneW
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raise Funds for KDA Each Time You Use This Search Engine
 Login/Join

Picture of Robbie2
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Today, I came across this great idea about how we can all raise funds for the KDA by using a new search engine online. Go to www.goodsearch.com/ and read their FAQ. You can raise money for any cause you desire (hopefully, this one!)by typing the name of that cause into the slot marked 'Who Do You Goodsearch For', then click on 'verify'. Then, when you use that page to do your web searches, the website's advertisers will donate to your designated cause each time you search. Over time, it adds up! Everyone can do it! Right now, the accumulated funds for Kennedys Disease Association is 'zero', so let's get the ball rolling! We can track our progress too Big Grin
Picture of MikeG
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Great idea! I do a lot of Internet searching and this is a great way to find stuff that I'm looking for AND help the KDA. Thanks for the suggestion.
BTW, are you interested in helping the KDA even more? We are always looking for people who have ideas like you. We have a small group of volunters who help with funraising, KDA conferences and various committees. If you're interested in helping advance the KDA, please get in touch with me and I'll send you a list of our committees for your consideration. Thank you so much for your post!!!
Robbie2 - This sounds like a great way to raise funds for KDA. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info.
Robbie 2 - I finally checked out the Goodsearch website! WOW there are A LOT of retailers that participate! I didn't realize it until I clicked on the left side of the screen under the specific categories. We really do need to get the word out. I will most definetly let others know.
THANKS FOR FINDING THIS!
Picture of Robbie2
I found the GoodSearch website quite by accident one evening. I happened upon a horse rescue site and saw that they were using GoodSearch as a means of raising funds for their cause. I thought...brilliant!! How easy can this be??!! We all use a Search Engine on a regular basis, so why not use GoodSearch and make money for the KDA at the same time? Google might be everyone's favourite, but it doesn't make us any money and GoodSearch does. No contest! : ))
I have already e-mailed a bunch of friends & family "reminding" them to use GoodSearch when doing their holiday shopping. I have also warned my husband I now have another reason to shop online!

On another note, it's obvious from the photograph that you enjoy horses...so do I. Not only horses, I just love animals in general. Growing up in the city, I was never able to own a horse but used to ride whenever I had the chance, through Girl Scouts or by going to local riding stables. Anyway, thanks for participating in the forums!
Picture of Robbie2
*This is off-topic, so I apologise in advance to those not interested : )*

Hi cdh17901 : )
I grew up as a military brat, living all over the place and moving every few years, so I never had much access to horses then either (or pets in general). I rode whenever I could and was finally able to take lessons once I was working and my kids didn't need as much attention. My husband, Terry,(who has KD)has always indulged my love for animals, and he bought me a horse (the one in the picture) for my 40th birthday - a dream come true for me! I still have and love that horse, altho we are both much older,(haha no, I'm not telling!). Animals and children bring such joy into my life. I think we all need to find our own particular 'joy' that we can call on, for Life's more challenging moments. Thanks for your post : )
Picture of KDA Adminstrator
quote]indulged my love for animals, and he bought me a horse (the one in the picture) for my 40th birthday[/quote]

Congratulations! WE have 3 horsey babies ourselves. (Dogs and cats too). I believe animals bring joy to us all the time. I don't know what I'd do without them.

We have been using the GoodSearch here at our home for a few months now! Thank you for the suggestion!

Susanne Waite
Robbie2 & Suzanne, sorry for the delay in responding. I try to check the forums often but I obviously missed this one! Yes, animals and children do bring us a lot of joy! Animals seem to have always been in our life, usually shelter animals or strays that would just appear on our doorstep. I think people thought we were running a halfway house for animals!
Robbie2 I just want to thank you again for finding out about the GoodSearch. I mention it to everyone that comments about doing an online search for something. I hope they remember to use it! Thanks also for your encouraging posts to the forums.
Picture of Robbie2
I am so disappointed that this fund-raising venue isn't being used to raise moneys for the KDA. I know Google is popular and easy but, to date, for the year 2010, the total amount raised for the KDA is $2.97. I guess I'm the only one using this Search Engine. We could do so much better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robbie2,
I just signed up for this, anyone else still doing this? Goodsearch.com.
Hi Robbie2 and everyone. I have just joined this site. I have made 2 searches, not bought anything and have raised 3cents. That is good. Just log in and search as normal no problems whatsoever. Let's all make the effort, it's free money for the Association.
Regards to all.
Grahjam.
Hi Graham. How are you? Hope you are coping ok. I just signed up to Goodsearch. Ill post on our FB group and see if we cant get a few more to sign up. Roll on Summer. I know I always say it but Take care my friend. Eric
Hi Eric and everyone. I'm feeling better Eric thanks. I see you have entered the info on the site. Although I was aware of it I did not start to use it until recently. Let me know when you are calling in the pledges. I think you are doing a great job.
Graham.
Hi Graham. Always good to hear from you.
The Bank account is being processed as I type. We had such a palava with Nat-West, so Karen went to HSBC in the end. Anyway we are now awaiting arrival of cheque book etc. The parachute jump is still on, but waiting for the weather to break now. My daughter Jodie is busting to get into the sky. She has already said she wants to jump first. It will be filmed and on UTube,probably be late Spring early summer. Scott is doing a great job with our website. A few tweaks yet and a bit more info an links to sort out, but we are up and running. I cant wait for this cold spell to go. Looking at powered wheelchairs so Anjie doesn't have to push me. Except when I've had a pint lol. The one I like looks like a Harley from the film "Easy Rider" It's called the Sport Rider. Too much money though' £6,000+ new, but it does do 11 miles an hour. Seen one on Ebay less than half price but still a lot of money. Anyway mate you take care and regards to your family. Best wishes Eric.